Jumat, 10 September 2010

Hartson interested in the work of Wales

John HartsonJohn Hartson played for Arsenal Football Club, West Ham United and Celtic striker former Wales that John Hartson says that he would be interested in Asuncion as Wales Manager John Toshack quit post.

Hartson scored 14 goals of Wales in 51 games between 1995 and 2005, but the 35-year-old, who recently fought cancer, has no managerial experience.

Hartson "I don't know how seriously the FAW [Football Association of Wales] consider me," said the BBC 5 Live.

"But if they offer me the work is something that I would take seriously".

"I have all my badges [coaching], I worked with the best, I feel like I've learned a lot about the game and still has a long way to go and much to learn.

"But it is the national work, is the Welsh work that will appeal to many people, as well as myself".

It is understood that ex-boss Coventry City, Real Sociedad and Fulham Chris Coleman also would be interested in the work of Toshack must leave office.

BBC Sport understands that Toshack is ready to resign after six years in Office after qualifying Wales 1-0 opening Euro 2012 defeat to Montenegro on Friday.

Football Association of Wales will hold a press conference on Thursday at 1300 BST Valley Hotel in Cardiff, Glamorgan, to clarify future the 61-year-old, although it is thought that he is not under pressure to resign.

Toshack, whose second tenure Wales began when he succeeded Mark Hughes in November 2004, won 21 and lost 24 of its 53 games since then.

But Hartson, who played for the likes of Celtic, West Ham and Arsenal during his career, questioned the possible departure time of Toshack, saying that he should have gone at the end of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign failed.

"John's words were:" Judge me on the qualification campaign for 2010 "," added Hartson ".Finished fourth a gloomy behind Finland, Germany and Russia.

"Only beat Liechtenstein and Azerbaijan who were whipping boys group and words of John himself was to judge him.

"The 2010 campaign wasn't good enough and they [the FAW] should have gotten rid of it then and there and appointed a new manager with new ideas, new impetus, a new voice"

Hartson argues that he could do the work and points to the predecessor of Toshack, Mark Hughes, as an example of someone with no managerial experience that has been successful.

"The FAW has now taken a decision," he told BBC Sport.

"Welsh sneers that no good Welsh likes football is, at the end of the day, we have two games coming next month-Bulgaria House Switzerland away-and who is to say where the points are coming from."

Hartson accepts Toshack had to rebuild the cast and blood new talent after several high profile retirements and said that her criticism is not personal.

"I love John Toshack he is my hero," said Hartson Swansea-born.

"I am not getting on their backs.I'm just saying what he said and how the team ran.

"The statistics tell that the results will tell you that and a change should have been made. It has not yet been done.

"It is a fantastic man, he came to see me when I was in the hospital, sat down with me and with my dad in my bedside-a great, great bloke".

In an interview on BBC Radio Wales on Tuesday, Hartson said that his health had now improved after treatment for testicular cancer.

"Health-wise I'm feeling great, almost 12 months now in remission ... I'm a proud Welsh, if the work was offered to me that I'd be a fool not [that]".

Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs has already been submitted to work along with the former head of Coventry Chris Coleman.

But caps record holder Wales ', Neville Southall, goalkeeper believes less known names also could be explored.

Time of output of Toshack ' brave '

"Right now, nobody knows if Tosh is going to go or not, but for Ryan it can be all right if he has someone really experienced for traps," 92-cap Southall told BBC Sport.

"Whoever I probably look closer at the moment is Kenny Jackett. Kenny did a fantastic job in Gillingham.

"He made brilliant for bringing younger players, he has them promoted with this and it has international experience. because it is not a name like others, he tends to be forgotten.

"The other one is down the road at Cardiff City in Dave Jones. There are a lot of mileage on Dave Jones and I think he would do a great job for Wales.

And nobody is given [Stoke Manager] Tony Pulis mention. you don't know the temptation of international administration could be something that he feels could be a good time to start. "


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

0 komentar: